Head of Commercial | London - Full Time
Apply your business development, commercial and marketing skillset to a high growth sponsorship valuation agency that is rapidly disrupting the global sport & entertainment industry. Clients include Formula 1, FIFA, World Rugby, the ICC, Arsenal, Manchester City & the All Blacks. Work closely with senior leaders in the business to accelerate the agency’s growth trajectory.
Founded in 2018 and based in London, Turnstile is a high growth sponsorship valuation agency. We have developed a market leading approach to capturing and quantifying the value of global sponsorship deals. Our clients include the most progressive and forward-thinking rights holders, brands and investors operating in the global sport & entertainment industry. Our approach and innovative product set is being rapidly adopted across the industry and as a result we’re seeking an experienced commercial professional to help us accelerate our growth.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for building new relationships to grow the revenue of the business, as well as deepening engagements with our existing client base.
Since Turnstile was created, we have experienced rapid growth year-on-year. During this time, we’ve tried and tested our products with many of the most forward-thinking brands and rights holders in the Sport & Entertainment industry. Every time the product has stood up to the challenge and received glowing feedback.
As such, we are now preparing our next phase of growth – entering new markets and making Turnstile available to all rights holders and brands in the industry, no matter how big or small. We envisage Turnstile becoming the go-to ‘currency’ for pricing global Sport & Entertainment sponsorship.
And that’s where you come in! This role will be tasked with helping to drive that growth on a day-to-day basis. More specifically you will be tasked with:
- Owning and delivering the go-to market strategy and plan
- New lead generation and networking
- Leading the preparation for and delivery of sales meetings
- Building trusted partner relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Working with clients to understand and diagnose their valuation needs
- Working internally with the team to devise industry best solutions for our clients
- Leading the delivery of high quality proposal documents
- Managing the sales and negotiation process
- Revenue forecasting and reporting
- Driving the marketing strategy to further increase brand awareness, with the support of the Marketing Manager, across industry events and key media channels
- Supporting the onboarding of new clients
- Management of business development and marketing team
You will have a keen interest and passion for the Sport, Entertainment & Media industry and demonstrable appetite to drive growth and innovation.
More specifically you will:
- Have proven sales experience (7+ years) in growing an agency/consulting style business
- Deep knowledge of the sports sponsorship industry
- Have a network within the Sport & Entertainment industry ideally across both brands and rights holders
- Have a strong interest in getting out to meet and network with key stakeholders across the industry
- Have a proven ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders, e.g. chief commercial offices, commercial director, head of sponsorship level
- Have a proven ability to diagnose issues and construct well thought through solutions
- Be highly experienced in business development
- Be a dynamic, proactive self-starter
- Be disciplined in learning and following processes
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong organisational and planning skills
- Have well-developed teamwork & influencing skills, with demonstrated empathy and integrity
- A strategic mindset that enjoys problem solving
Above all, though, you embody Turnstile’s values of Empathy, Dynamism, Discipline and Integrity in your daily work.
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- Company pension plan
- Regular team social events
- Company rewards program that offers the two winning staff members with the trip of a lifetime each year to learn more about the sports industry and experience first hand the biggest events in the sporting calendar
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV, cover letter, notice period and salary expectations should be addressed to Dan Gaunt, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working rights & diversity
Note: All candidates require working rights in the United Kingdom to perform the role
Turnstile supports flexible working hours and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics or similar.
We appreciate the interest, but we’ve got this one covered.
Join our mailing list
Receive the latest industry news and Turnstile's insights.
By subscribing to our newsletter you agree to receive communications from Turnstile. For more information about how we handle your personal data, see our Privacy Notice.