Sponsorship Valuation Consultant | New York - Full time
We are looking for a Sponsorship Valuation Consultant to join our team in New York City.
Apply your consulting and strategic skillset to the global sport and entertainment industry by helping many of the most progressive brands, rights holders and investors to understand the market value of their sponsorship assets. You’ll be launching the North American market for Turnstile to deliver an unrivalled level of insight for major clients.
As Sponsorship Valuation Consultant, you will stretch your analytical skills, lead our client projects, become our methodology thought partner, and grow the Turnstile brand from NYC.
We’re looking for a talented ex-management consultant, finance background, or sports/media industry expert to lead the delivery of our valuation work.
Founded in 2018 and based in London, Turnstile is a fast-growing sponsorship valuation agency in the Sports and Entertainment world. Turnstile is working for clients such as FIFA, UEFA, Formula 1, The International Cricket Council, Arsenal, Manchester City, England Rugby, Sony, TD Bank, the All Blacks, and MLB teams.
Turnstile is the global market leader in the provision of fair market price sponsorship valuations. Using a combination of proprietary insights and actual market rates, Turnstile produces sponsorship valuations that are accurate, credible and defensible.
Turnstile is at an exciting inflection point in its journey having recently announced plans to expand into the North American market.
This New York hire is critical in laying the groundwork for North American country operations and client work. We are looking for strong candidates who are interested in not only delivering our valuation methodology, but also eager to lead our market expansion working independently on the ground and collaborating with our London and Australian teams.
In addition, we are standing up a new Business Development Lead role that will work in sync with this Consultant role to grow the business.
Turnstile is also part of the larger Tenka Group which offers specialised services across Insights, Strategy and Communications across its two businesses – Turnstile & Gemba with offices in Australia and the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Sponsorship Valuation, you will play a leading role in the scoping and delivery of client valuation deliverables.
We have developed a market leading approach to capturing and quantifying the value of global sponsorship deals. We do this by applying our extensive data sets on the actual market rates paid for sponsorship to a set of bespoke valuation approaches that we have designed specifically to capture the value of every single type of sponsorship right.
Some example questions we help our clients solve across sports and entertainment:
· What are my sponsorship assets worth?
· How should I extract maximum value from my sponsorship assets?
· Should I bundle or unbundle the rights to the men’s and women’s teams?
· What are the financial impacts of expanding the league and introducing new teams?
Key responsibilities include:
· Deliver client valuation deliverables independently and to a high standard
· Ensure that client projects are delivered on time and to budget
· Seek ways to further deliver client deliverables in a scalable and efficient manner
· Provide ongoing Customer Success support to Turnstile clients
· Own the client relationships for the majority of the projects within the USA region
· Help drive the North American market launch alongside the future NYC Business Development Lead via building new client relationships, identifying market-specific opportunities, participating in marketing activities to grow the Turnstile brand
· Support the development and documentation of Turnstile Intellectual Capital, in particular with relation to the North American market
· Play a leading role in the management of Turnstile’s Data & Insights repositories
· Mentor new team members to support their onboarding process and create an inclusive team culture
We’re looking for a candidate with at least 3-4 years of experience in professional services (e.g. Management Consultancy, Finance, Accounting) or sports / sponsorship firm.
Specifically, you will have a combination of:
· A relevant North American college degree (ideally STEM subject) with strong grades
· Experience / passion / knowledge of the global sport & entertainment industry, esp. the North American landscape (preferred, not mandatory)
· Experience in data / research businesses or projects
· A strategic mindset that enjoys problem solving
· A strong analytical skillset (including strong MS Excel skills)
· An entrepreneurial spirit
· Demonstrated experience with multiple stakeholders, incl. senior clients
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including strong MS PPT skills)
· Strong organisational, planning, project management skills
· A can-do attitude!
What we offer
· Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
· Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
· Benefits package (health insurance, 401K contribution, etc.)
· Generous vacation plan (4 weeks in addition to USA federal holidays)
· Training & development budget to further skills (incl. training with UK team)
· Company rewards program that offers the two winning staff members with the trip of a lifetime each year to learn more about the sports industry and experience first-hand the biggest events in the sporting calendar
How to apply?
Written applications including a CV, cover letter, notice period and salary expectations should be addressed to Kylie Philbin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tunrstile supports flexible working hours and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics or similar.
Turnstile is committed to contributing to a healthy planet. Each year, we contribute 2% of profits to fund carbon offset programs.
Join our mailing list
Receive the latest industry news and Turnstile's insights.
By subscribing to our newsletter you agree to receive communications from Turnstile. For more information about how we handle your personal data, see our Privacy Notice.